The Advanced Functional Fabrics of America (AFFOA) announces the launch of Project Call 2.0 (PC 2.0) via webinar on June 1, 2021. AFFOA plans to fund approximately $3 million in new development to expand technology capabilities and jumpstart key areas of strategic technology growth towards the scaling of advanced functional fiber and fabric technologies.
- 2.1: Team System Demonstration. Full system integration that utilizes multiple technologies in the area of smart electronic textiles.
- 2.2: Materials and Process Assessment. Assessment of key design rule metrics and robustness of commercially available electronic materials for their use in electronic textiles.
- 2.3: Textile Device Advancement. MRL advancement of electronic textile devices.
- 2.4: Textile Device Connectors and Integration Strategies. Advanced strategies for robust connectors and device placement that supports an increase in MRL for electronic textiles.
- 2.5: Textile Technology Translation. MRL and/or TRL advancement of a textile-based technology innovation for start-up companies.
The webinar and announcement will provide additional details on the scope of each topic.
AFFOA is a non-profit, public and private partnership, and one of the DoD funded Manufacturing USA Innovation Institutes, headquartered in Cambridge, Mass. Its mission is to “rekindle the domestic textiles industry by leading a nationwide enterprise for advanced fiber and fabric technology development and manufacturing, enabling revolutionary system capabilities for national security and commercial markets.”