A special edition of the World Congress on Textile Coating (WCTC) will be held to consider all aspects of sustainable finishing of textiles. The conference will take place live online Sept. 30–Oct. 1 and Oct. 7–8, 2021. The aim of the event is to explore the materials, processes and machinery that can help dyers, finishers, coaters and laminators achieve sustainability goals rapidly, economically and practically.
The program will consist of invited presentations from key companies contributing to this effort, but the conference organizers also open to submissions from those able to speak about the latest developments in:
- Alternative materials, including fibres, fabrics, substrates; coatings
- Dyes, finishes and auxiliaries made from bio-based or recycled materials
- Growing and processing natural materials in the most environmentally responsible ways
- Manufacturing processes and equipment developed to reduce the consumption of water, energy and raw materials; reduce and/or re-use waste; exploit digital technologies, automation and sensors
- Designs that promote the ability to recycle and/or re-use post-consumer textiles
- Schemes to collect, sort and re-use post-consumer textile products, as well as collecting waste plastic for re-use by manufacturers; to reduce the impact of transportation
- Programs to educate consumers in the appropriate disposal of products
Abstracts submitted for review should be 300-500 words and are due by May 31, 2021. Selection of the papers to be presented will be based on ideas and concepts that emphasize new and significant findings and developments that will have an impact on the textile finishing industry. Acceptance of a presentation is subject to payment of the registration fee.
The abstract must include the name, company or other affiliation, telephone number, email and mailing address of the speaker and the person to whom correspondence about the abstract should be directed. Only one speaker per presentation will be allowed, though co-authors may be listed. Contact Dr Nick Butler for more information (email@example.com).