A new jacket has been designed to provide a solution for resuming normal life by protecting the wearer, as well as those encountered from contaminants. The JUST5 jacket sets up a highly effective barrier to shield the wearer from spoiling contaminants in the surrounding area.
The creation of the jacket is the result of an initiative by five material manufacturers, each contributing a component in the jacket, including:
- 2A-NYGUARD NYSHIELD zippers that are self-sanitising and will restore usability in five minutes after every touch.
- Coats ProtectV sewing thread adds anti-microbial and anti-viral properties to every stitch.
- HeiQ Viroblock Swiss antimicrobial fabric technology was originally developed to treat face masks registered by Swiss Medic as a medical device. Respirator masks treated with the same technology are authorized by the U.S. FDA under EUA.
- Italian textile manufacturer SITIP warp-knitted elastic fabric was used for extendable cuffs on the jacket shield the hands when touching potentially contaminated surfaces. Warp-knitting is fabric technology that prevents a yarn from laddering after a tear.
- Windtex Vagotex is a breathable, water-repellent and wind-resistant fabric.
Carlo Centonze, co-founder and CEO of HeiQ Group said, “Any brand can now simply take parts from these suppliers and make their own 100 percent ‘viroblocked’ garments.”
Ronan Cox, President, Performance Materials, Coats, said, “Together we have demonstrated the power of industry collaboration. By pooling our expertise we have developed a solution to the challenge of people wanting to restore normality to their everyday lives but also be protected.”