Polartec has announced the winners of the 2019 Polartec Apex Awards, an annual design award program. The winning products were selected based on skilled and creative uses of Polartec fabric technologies.
The winning designs included jackets that melded Icelandic technical know-how with Danish design, and married traditional menswear style to motorsports-inspired fashion.
- A technical T-shirt designed for summer training for skiers.
- A running shoe with fleece uppers and a zip-up poncho with a stand-up collar.
- Snow helmets and a Formula 1–inspired ski suit.
- A crewneck sweater featuring a patchwork construction of Polartec and shearling fleeces
- Cold-weather cycling solutions, including a bib tight made of a compression version of PolartecPower Wool
- Baselayers and under-gloves made of naked Polartec Alpha Direct insulation.
Polartec products range from lightweight wicking and cooling fabrics to insulation and weather protection textiles and are utilized by consumer brands, the U.S. military and other militaries, and the flame resistant, workwear, and contract upholstery markets.