Registration for IFAI Expo 2019 and the Advanced Textiles (AT) Conference is now open. This year’s event will be Oct. 1–4 in Orlando, Fla., with the AT Conference running all day Oct. 1.
Several speakers have been scheduled with more to be announced soon. Topics to be addressed include medical textiles, innovation, fabric advancements, safety and protective markets, smart fabric standards development and others.
Among the presenters are:
- Molly Harwood, softgoods designer, NASA/Jacobs Engineering Group Inc., speaking on “Designing Softgoods for Human Spaceflight”
- Ron Houle, founder and president, Pivot Step Consultants LLC, will speak on “Making Sense of the DoD Budget.”
- Dr. Natalie Pomerantz, research chemical engineer, US Army NSRDEC, presents on the topic, “Zirconium Hydroxide-Based Sorptive and Catalytic Textiles”
- Amit Kapoor, Co-founder and President of First Line Technology, will discuss “Rapid Innovation”
- Dr. Roger Barker, director, Textile Protection and Comfort Center, NC State University, presents on the topic, “Developing Advanced Prototype Protection Garment Systems”
- Dr. Amanda Myers, fusion designer, NC State University, presents on the topic, “Exploring the World of Smart Textiles: What We Learned Along the Way”
- Dr. Thomas Stegmaier, head of research for Technical Textiles, Bionics, Surface Treatment, Environmental Technologies, DITF Denkendorf, Germany, speaks on the topic, “Future Technologies for the Functionalization of Textile Materials”
Additional speakers will be announced soon.
A reception will follow the presentations. To register, visit https://ifaiexpo.com/register/. For additional information and updates on the conference, visit https://ifaiexpo.com/conference/. You’ll find contacts for specific information here: https://ifaiexpo.com/contact/.