ECOTEC® smart cotton by Marchi & Fildi, widens its international reach with new partners that offer a range of products. The trademark represents high-quality 100 percent traceable yarns made in Italy, and a certified manufacturing process, which support the company’s contemporary values, such as as chemical safety and human health.
The company says that, compared to conventional and organic cotton, its processes have reduced C02 emissions by 56.3 percent, energy use by 56.6 percent and water use by 77.9 percent.
Its new partners include:
• Avelana – Fábrica de Malhas, SA., specializing in the production and marketing of knitwear for garment making
• Fiveol Textil Spa, Italian producer of knitted jersey fabric, ribs and jacquard
• Lurdes Sampaio Knits SA, a Portuguese company
• NGS Malhas SA, maker of quality knit fabrics
• Vilartex, a Portuguese company with a tradition in high quality circular knitting fabrics.
Located in Biella, Italy, Marchi & Fildi makes special cotton-based yarns for the textile industry from 100 percent high quality already-dyed cotton textile clippings. It encourages brands and retailers to design waste out of fashion by supplying their pre-consumer cotton fabric and knit clippings to the company to be transformed into ECOTEC yarns, optimizing a joint endeavor that targets a zero waste position.
The company has also become member of Better Cotton Initiative (BCI), a non-profit organization whose aim is to make global cotton production better for the people who produce it, better for the environment it grows in, and better for the sector’s future.