In partnership with leaders of the e-textiles industry, IPC has created a one-day workshop for innovators, technologists and brands to come together to collaborate on solutions, identify partners and help propel growth for the e-textiles market. IPC E-Textiles 2018 will take place Sept. 13, 2018, in Des Plaines, Illinois.
The workshop will be an opportunity for active participation during technical presentations as well as hands-on learning and networking in the technology showcase. Among the speakers and their topics are:
* Tony Chahine, CEO and Founder of Myant Inc., “The Full E-Textiles Ecosystem”
* Ben Cooper, managing director of IoClothes, “The E-Textiles Business Model”
* Genevieve Dion, director of the Center for Functional Fabrics at Drexel University. Dion’s, “From Concept to Commercialization: Transdisciplinary Teams for Functional Fabrics.”
* MaryAlice Gill, engineer and Oona Oksjarvi, research and development engineer, Jabil Circuit’s Nypro Consumer Health Division Clothing+, “Collaboration With Manufacturers”
* Clare King, president of Propel LLC, “Product Usage”
* Despina Papadopoulos, founder of Principled Design, “Product smart vs. component smart product”
* Stephanie Rodgers, director of advanced product development at Apex Mills and partner at The Textile Foundry, “Essentials on Materials and Components That Make Up E-Textiles”
* Diana Wyman, technical director, American Association of Textile Chemists and Colorists (AATCC), “Essentials on Materials and Components That Make Up E-Textiles”
On September 12, IPC E-Textiles 2018 will host the standards development committee meetings. The meetings provide a chance to work with colleagues in the field to influence industry standards being developed by the IPC E-Textiles Committee.
To learn more about exhibiting in the technology showcase or becoming a member of the IPC E-Textiles Committee, email ChrisJorgensen@ipc.org.