Taiwanese textile manufacturers recently presented products at the Outdoor Retailer Summer Market at a launch hosted by the Taiwan External Trade Development Council.
New-product categories included fabric printing technology; smart textiles measuring heart rate and motion data; textile innovations utilizing fewer chemicals, water and raw materials while preserving function and complex colors; a PFC-free durable water repellant (DWR) polyester filament and PFC-free soil release polyester filament; and a bio-based membrane and foam made with coffee.
Far Eastern New Century Corp. presented three products:
- FENCTopDry Zero is reported to be the first PFC-free DWR polyester filament.
- FENC TopCleanis said to be the first PFC-free polyester filament allowing for easy soil removal when soaked in water.
- FENC DynaFeed uses a durable, ultra-thin organic matrix to directly measure real-time performance information during training, displayed via an app the athlete can use to fine-tune performance.
QMI Industrial Company Ltd. presented Aqua Terra fabric and the Roam Anywear Hood, two of the latest VAST Tech developments. The two products fuse multiple functions into singular products. For example, the Roam Anywear Hood inflates to become a pillow. And Aqua Terra is a fabric designed for garments that go from the mountains to the oceans to the office.
Tex-Ray Industrial Co. Ltd. by 2020, will improve its environmental footprint by reducing water usage and decreasing CO2 emissions during raw material production. Its Eco series concentrates on sustainability practices while retaining functionality and dyeing capabilities. Products in the series include T-Cool and T-Hot fabrics; ECO-lor dyeing technology; and Recycle Poly with Blue Dye products.
Singtex Industrial Company Ltd. presented three products featuring coffee oil.
- 25 percent of the material used in the AIRMEM by S.Café is composed of coffee oil extracted from spent coffee grounds. Its membrane replaces petroleum-based materials.
- 25 percent of S.Café’s bio-foam, the AIRNEST, is also derived from coffee oil.
- Café’s printing technology, the P4DRY, repurposes coffee grounds to give the print layer four key attributes: quick dry times, odor control, reduced rate of condensation and sustainability.
Taiwan External Trade Development Council, which provided information on this event, organizes the Taiwan Excellence Award, sponsored by Taiwan’s Bureau of Foreign Trade and the Ministry of Economic Affairs. Products carrying the Taiwan Excellence Award symbol have been selected based on their excellence in design, quality, marketing and R&D.