Specialty-apparel developer Under Armour (UA) has unveiled its first Connected Fitness product portfolio and launched a new UA Record™ app designed to improve an athlete’s performance. The line of devices includes the UA HealthBox™ Connected Fitness system; UA SpeedForm® Gemini 2 Record Equipped, the brand’s first smart shoe, and two models of wireless headphones. The products are powered by the UA Record™ health and fitness platform.
Baltimore-based Under Armour also announced strategic partnerships with HTC and HARMAN International Industries Inc. Mobile technology specialist HTC collaborated with Under Armour on UA HealthBox to engineer and deploy a fully integrated system, while HARMAN, which specializes in connected technologies for automotive, consumer and enterprise markets, partnered with UA to provide sport headphones.
The Under Armour Connected Products portfolio includes:
- UA HealthBox: The world’s first Connected Fitness system made by athletes for athletes. The complete system includes UA Band, UA Scale, UA Heart Rate
- UA Band: A sport band packed with advanced technologies that automatically tracks steps, distance, resting heart rate and sleep
- UA Heart Rate: A compact heart-rate monitor
- UA Scale: A Bluetooth- and Wi-Fi-enabled scale that measures weight and body fat percentage, and recognizes up to eight individuals
- UA SpeedForm Gemini 2 Record Equipped: Under Armour’s first smart shoe tracks and stores data including time and date, duration, distance and splits
- UA Headphones Wireless