Adam Varley, chief operating officer and technical director at Vartest Laboratories Inc., New York, N.Y., offers companies who submit textiles for testing the following tips for communicating with laboratories:
- Make the request clear. Are you asking for the tests you need or that your customer wants?
- Clearly mark samples, preferably permanently.
- Clearly identify the face of the textile.
- Clarify how fast the results are needed.
- Ensure that enough fabric has been sent in for the test to be performed.
Varley presented “Working With Labs Using Test Methods and Performance Specifications” today at IFAI Expo 2015 in Anaheim, Calif.
Vartest Laboratories is ISO 17025 accredited, and offers textile testing and quality management services for the safety, workwear, military, outdoor, retail, contract, residential, hospitality, health care and industrial markets.